Savtrad is the name for the professional translation services provided by Irene McClure, a UK English mother-tongue translator working from the Monts du Lyonnais area of France.
As well as being a skilled linguist with near-native skills in written and spoken French, my particular areas of expertise and unique professional background give my work that extra attention to detail that your documents deserve.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Class MA Honours degree from the University of Glasgow, Scotland (1994), in Philosophy, English and French.
- Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures (DES) in International Relations (political science, international history, international law) from the bilingual Graduate Institute of International Studies (1997) in Geneva, Switzerland).
- Three years working as a researcher in the Migration Branch of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), specialising in labour law, equality and international migration. This work involved detailed analysis of government policy and law in the field of labour migration and discrimination law, areas in which I built up a great deal of knowledge. My post involved a three month stint at the South East Asia and Pacific offices of the ILO in the Philippines, analysing gender equality legislation in the region.
- Three years as senior public relations officer at the Commission for Racial Equality in the UK, developing a strong background in equality legislation and policy and leading a team of CRE press officers.
- Three years working in the Scottish Government as a senior press officer to the Minister for Health, providing a wide range of media handling advice to Ministers and senior officials. This post involved developing short and long-term media strategies, advising the Minister and the Deputy Minister on media handling and dealing with media inquiries on a wide range of subject matters including public health, dentistry and social inequalities in health care.
- Five years experience in freelance translation with a wide range of clients around the world.
I am a Proz.com Certified Pro translator and am an approved translator for Translators Without Borders, an organisation through which professional, tested translators provide pro bonotranslations to non-governmental organisations throughout the world. I am also a member of theSociété Française des Traducteurs (SFT), France's professional translators' association.